This privacy notice explains how Type & Forme gathers and looks after your personal information in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), including what you tell us about yourself, and what we learn from our transactions with you. This notice also informs you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Type & Forme is committed to keeping your data safe and private. We will never sell your data, and always give you ways to manage and review your marketing choices at any time. All data protection queries should be made to the data controller:
Type & Forme, FAO Dr Anke Timmermann, Office No 4, Grantham Museum, St Peter’s Hill, Grantham, Lincolnshire, NG31 6PY. 07513 104 628, email@example.com.
Purpose of Personal Data Processing
In order to discuss our books with you, advise you on purchases, send you catalogues and other news, to process your orders and for other communications and transactions with Type & Forme, we require you to provide some of your contact details. The following Personal Data, or a portion thereof as provided by you, is held in our Client Database for purposes of communication:
- Address (if provided, or once you have ordered an item from us)
- Telephone Number(s)
- Email address(es)
In order to tailor our communications to your interests, we also note:
- Areas of bibliophile interest
- Past purchases at Type & Forme
For processing orders, we temporarily hold (until the transaction is completed and cleared):
- Card details
And in compliance with the Antiquarian Booksellers’ Association’s Guidelines for Members, for consignments, sales and other actions that record the provenance, passing of title, etc., we will keep
- Invoices (which contain your address and other personal details)
- Consignment forms (which provide your personal data, a copy of your passport or other identification where required)
- Other forms necessary for any given transaction
Access to Your Personal Data
Access to your personal information is restricted to the Partners and employees of Type & Forme.
Personal Data Transfer
Your personal data will be held in a secured database that is stored on the Type & Forme server in the UK, and may be backed up onto other digital media kept in a secure location in the UK. It is Type & Forme’s policy that no third party will have access to our Client Database that holds your personal data. However, your address and contact details, as required, will be made accessible to postal services and couriers when we ship your orders to you, send printed catalogues to you, or communicate with you via postal services. Type & Forme has signed a Data Processing Addendum with its mail client for promotional communications, Mailchimp, to ensure the agreement of its procedures with GDPR requirements.
Additional Uses of Clients’ Personal Data
All clients will be contacted (anonymously via a bcc email or Mailchimp) if this Data Protection Policy is updated.
Your special consent will be asked for having your picture taken at Type & Forme events and for photographs including a recognizable picture of you being used for social media, and we will never name you in social media without your explicit consent.
Taking Care of Clients’ Personal Data
Type & Forme holds all of your Personal Data in a secure database. Our website, via which you may subscribe to our newsletter or send an enquiry, has SSL Certification.
Type & Forme will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to provide the relevant services, maintain business records to satisfy tax, legal and other regulatory requirements, and protect and defend against potential legal claims.
In the context of our research and records on ownership of antiquarian objects to assist with checks on authenticity, provenance and title, we will keep this data for as long as the record is relevant to our legitimate business interest and the public interest.
- The right to accurate data: please contact any Partner of Type & Forme immediately should any of your Personal Data change or be inaccurate.
- The right to lodge a complaint: please contact us at Type & Forme first if you have any questions or concerns relating to our data protection practices. However, if you then feel that we have not addressed any concerns you might have satisfactorily, and if you would like to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office, please call 0303 123 1113 or visit http://ico.org.uk/concerns.
- The right to be forgotten: if you would no longer receive communications from us and delete all records of your Personal Data, provided an applicable retention period has expired and we are not legally obliged to keep specific information about you, your purchases and your communication and transactions with us, you may ask for your Personal Data to be deleted from our databases.
- The right to know what personal data Type & Forme holds in its systems.